60 minute session
Why You Receive Prenatal Massage?
The prenatal period can be a very stressful
physical and emotional time for a mother-to-be. Proper management
of stress itself is of great consequence. Clearly documented
evidence exists to suggest that very high levels of stress may
increase the probability of pre-term labor and lower birth weight
of the newborn.
Prenatal massage offers numerous benefits including
but not limited to:
• Creates a positive environment of wonderful relaxation
and soothing stress relief
• Promotes proper postural maintenance to ease physical
• Provides relief from musculoskeletal strain, aches and
pains, muscle spasms and cramps
• Increases circulation of the blood & lymph
• Reduces edema and blood pressure through promoting
better blood circulation.
• Increases blood and lymph circulation for increased
toxins elimination and immune system funtioning.
• Affords welcome release from chronic tension in the
neck, shoulders, lower back, abdomen and thighs
• Eases childbirth by preparing the muscles used in
• Actively aids in reducing fluid retention, swelling
in hands and feet, headaches and sinus problems as well as
• Helps you to sleep better while reducing fatigue
and discomfort caused by physical and emotional stresses. Energy
levels and mental alertness increase.
Why is Back Pain so Prevalent?
As your pregnancy advances, several common conditions
• You will gain weight. Weight gain is normal and good
for your baby, however, it can sorely stress your back muscles.
• The structures that support your pelvic organs will
become more pliant due to hormonal changes, which are naturally
intended to prepare your body to give birth. You may experience
considerable discomfort in either side of your back as a result.
• At the same time, your body's center of gravity is
shifting forward. Your natural tendency is to adjust your posture
and the way you move about in everyday activity. Back strain is
often the result of this natural change in posture.
• As your body adjusts to the tremendous physical and
emotional changes taking place in your routine, everyday tasks
can lead to incorrect lifting or awkward muscle stretches, which
can themselves, become minor injuries and part of back, neck and
In general, your pregnancy massage will involve lying
comfortably on your side; the use of pillows to increases your relaxation.
The type and amount of clothing you wear during
massage is your personal choice. Your comfort is paramount.
Your body will always be draped or covered other than only
that part being gently massaged at the moment. Be
Visit our Appointment page
to book a session with us.
Related Massage Therapy - Postpartum Massage:
It is time for your body to heal itself, restore most organs
and musculature to pre-pregnancy status and recover from the birth
process in general. Almost universally practiced and accepted in
most cultures in the world, is the practice of massage to aid in
post pregnancy recovery and relaxation. Postpartum massage therapy
benefits may include:
• Wonderful relief from aches, pains and muscle soreness
• Helps shrink the uterus and speed recovery through
• Soothing comfort and clearing of unhealthy tensions,
stress and symptoms of postpartum blues
• Provides a "quiet time" with healing hands
specifically trained to relax and invigorate your recovery process
• Instruction on appropriate exercises designed to
return your body to pre-pregnancy condition.
We invite you to contact us with any questions or concerns you